CFP: International Workshop on Technology for Education (T4E'09)
International Workshop on Technology for Education (T4E '09) August 4-6, 2009, Bangalore, India http://www.iiitb.ac.in/t4e
August 4-6, 2009, Bangalore, India
Sponsored by: IEEE Computer Society, Bangalore Chapter, India
Co-sponsored by: National Project on Technology Enhanced Learning (NPTEL) IEEE Bangalore Section The International Institute of Information Technology Centre for the Development of Advanced Computing (CDAC) IEEE Computer Society¡¦s Technical Committee on Learning Technology (TCLT)
Papers from the Conference Proceedings will be carried by the IEEE Computer Society Digital Library.
- Background A number of developments have enhanced the role of technology in education, apart from the reducing cost of bandwidth and computing equipment: - The growth of the Internet - The huge growth in content available over the Internet for free, in multimedia as well in text form - The move by leading universities to make their course material, in many cases including video lectures, freely available - Progress of standardization - going as far as the use of shared ontologies and metadata in machine processable form to describe content - The enormous impact of games on youth - Recognition of Technology Enhanced Learning as a necessary component of education at different levels. of education at different levels.
A variety of technological developments have made it possible to let a huge user population benefit fully from the above developments, such as the semantic web, ubiquitous and mobile access to Internet resources, and digital libraries.
The purpose of this Workshop is to bring together researchers in the relevant technologies and interested academics to give presentations of research results and to discuss research directions. We invite papers in the following areas to be organized into one or more theme sessions, in addition to papers on the above-mentioned topics.
- Theme Areas - Growth and impact of the Open Educational Resources movement - Creation of techniques and standards for accurate identification of relevant learning-resources for a given task - Semantic web technologies for application in the areas mentioned above - Personalization of education and student modeling towards personalization
Papers reporting original academic or industrial research in any topic relevant to the Conference are invited. Complete papers will be required for review process; abstracts alone will not be sufficient. All authors of accepted submissions will be required to complete the IEEE Copyright Form. At least one of the authors would need to register at the time the final version of the paper is uploaded, for the paper to be included in the Proceedings.
- Submissions Submissions are invited in following categories: - Full papers: 8 pages - Poster Papers: 2 to 3 pages
Submit Papers by email to Paper.T4E@iiitb.ac.in
- Important dates Submissions due: May 7, 2009 Decision notification: June 7, 2009 Final articles due: July 7, 2009 Conference: August 4-6, 2009
- General Chair S Sadagopan, IIITB, Bangalore, India
- International Advisory Committee M S Ananth, IIT Madras, India Zia Saquib, CDAC Mumbai, India N K Sinha, Ministry Of Human Resource Development,India Paul Goodman, Carnigie-Mellon University, USA M S Vijay Kumar, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA
- Program Co-Chairs Srinivasan Ramani, IIITB, Bangalore, India Kinshuk, Athabasca University, Canada Mangala Sunder, IIT Madras, India
- Program Committee Ignacio Aedo, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, Spain Nian-Shing Chen, National Sun Yat-sen University, Taiwan Darina Dicheva, Winston-Salem State University, USA Mohamed Jemni, University of Tunis, Tunisia Andreas Holzinger, Medical University Graz, Austria Rory McGreal, Athabasca University, Canada Kannan Moudgalya, Indian Institute Of Technology Bombay, India Miguel Nussbaum, Catholic University of Chile, Chile Hiroaki Ogata, Tokushima University, Japan S S Prabhu, IIITB, Bangalore, India N J Rao, IIITB, Bangalore, India Anup K Ray, Indian Institute Of Technology Kharagpur, India Demetrios Sampson, University of Piraeus & CERTH, Greece M Sasikumar, Centre for the Development of Advanced Computing, Mumbai, India Kushal Sen, Indian Institute Of Technology Delhi , India J Michael Spector, University of Georgia, USA K R Srivathsan, Indira Gandhi National Open University, Delhi, India Anbumani Subramanian, HP Labs India, Bangalore, India K R V Subramanian, Radix Learning, Bangalore, India
- For any further information: Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: http://www.iiitb.ac.in/t4e